We finally made time to carve pumpkins Sunday night. The kids have been asking since we went to the pumpkin patch, and they have known since then exactly how they wanted their pumpkins to look.

Abigail was set on a happy pumpkin, and she described to Aron how she wanted it. Two triangle eyes, not a triangle nose, she wanted a circle nose, and a happy smile with teeth showing.

Dalan on the other hand has been set on having an angry pumpkin. He also wanted triangle eyes, but was set on having some eyebrows that were angry. Aron had to redraw the eyebrows several times to get it to Dalan's liking. He then wanted an upside down triangle nose with an angry looking mouth with scary teeth.

Aron did an awesome job drawing the faces and carving out the faces but wanted nothing to do with cleaning the pumpkins out. He doesn't like to get his hands dirty and neither did Abby! So Dalan and I cleaned the pumpkins out!


I think this was the only time Abby actually contributed to the process, she poked out the eyes and nose!

She was so proud of her little happy pumkin!

Dalan was watching Aron very closely to make sure he got everything just right!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
2 comments:
these pictures are so awesome...i wish my kids could handle carving...maybe next year! have fun tonight...
It's so great to "see" you again Kalle!! I hear you are back up in the northwest. We should get together soon. I can't believe how big your kids are, I think the last time I saw you your son was a baby! They are just too cute. Are you in Vancouver, or somewhere else??
Post a Comment