a:link { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#003366; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:730px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid #003366; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 0px solid #003366; text-align: center; color:#003366; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 171% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#003366; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal bold 124% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #003366; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal bold 109% Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:italic bold 165% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#063E3F; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:6px dotted #003366; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#003366; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#003366; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000000; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#063E3F; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:0px solid #003366; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #063E3F; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #003366; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:6px dotted #003366; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 4px solid #003366; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #063E3F; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Friday, December 26, 2008

MADELYN ROSE HOWELL

She is finally here....Madelyn Rose Howell.
Born on December 26th @ 11:22pm, 8lbs 5oz, and 20.5 inches long!
Finally, finally, finally, okay she was only 4 days late, but I felt like she would never come out!!
I really wanted her to come before Christmas, but if she didn't than I wanted her to come after, and she did just that! The day after Christmas at 1:30am I woke up and felt the start of my contractions. I started timing them and at around 3am they were 5 minutes apart. Okay so it's time right and I was very nervous about this being my 3rd baby coming quicker, so let's go. I woke Aron up and told him those famous words.."It's time honey, let's go"...and he told me, but I'm tired. Hey so am I!!! Anyways got up, got the bags (which I finally just packed the night before) woke up mom and left. We did manage to get out of the driveway, but it wasn't easy with all the snow on our street. We got to the hospital and they monitored me for an hour and the on-call doctor SENT ME HOME!! I wanted to kill HIM! Lazy no good doctor didn't want to come in and take care of me during the middle of the night. At least that is how I felt. So they sent me home and told me to get some rest. Rest, are you kidding me, is that a joke. Being the emotional person that I am, I started to cry. The nurse felt really bad for me, but still had to send me home. I went home, was able to get no rest at all, but between 9am-1pm they did start to settle down somewhat. I just happened to have a doctors appointment that day @ 2pm. Only it wasn't with my doctor, she was out. So I went very apprehensive about it. When I got there I asked the nurse if she was going to check my progress...NOPE! She wasn't going to check me, I was shocked, I told the nurse my quick little story...I am overdue, I am contracting, I have already been to the hospital today...please!! She said that I would have to talk to the doctor about it. When the doctor came in I couldn't control my tears and started tearing up again as I told her my sad, sad story! It sounds pathetic now, but then I was desperate. She did decide to check me and I thought she was the worst monster in the world, it HURT so bad. I've been checked before obviously and it never felt like that. I ended up being dilated at a 5 by then and she was admitting me to the hospital, Hallelujah!! I was so ecstatic that I couldn't keep from crying. She was so sweet, she hugged me and then made the phone call to the hospital and made sure to tell them that I wanted the epidural and right away, I ended up loving her even if she did hurt me. Anyways went to the hospital, got my drugs and the rest was a piece of cake!! Didn't feel anything and had my lovely daughter that night.
What an amazing experience when that little body was placed on my stomach right after delivery, she is disgusting and gross looking, but I don't care, no words can describe the feeling when your child takes her first breathe into this world. It's amazing beyond belief...even though I have experienced it before it's a feeling of pure joy and relief to see your child for the first time healthy and alive. She was beautiful and perfect. There was no doubt that she was my Madelyn Rose. Here was this tiny little body that was created inside of me, a little bit of Aron and a little bit of me. How could you not feel anything but love for God and his plan of bringing families together forever!






0 comments: