a:link { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#003366; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:730px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid #003366; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 0px solid #003366; text-align: center; color:#003366; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 171% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#003366; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal bold 124% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #003366; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal bold 109% Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:italic bold 165% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#063E3F; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:6px dotted #003366; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#003366; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#003366; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000000; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#063E3F; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:0px solid #003366; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #063E3F; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #003366; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:6px dotted #003366; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 4px solid #003366; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #063E3F; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Thursday, February 19, 2009

An attempt at a day at the Park!

I woke up this morning to the sun shining and hardly a cloud in the sky. I thought what a beautiful day, I think I'll take the kids to the park...never again...never again. No it wasn't that bad, but it had its moments. First I had to get everyone ready...that is just about enough to wear me out. Dalan can get ready himself, but it's just getting him to do it. After I come pretty close to threatening him with his life he usually gets the job done. Then there is Abigail, with her it is just getting her hair to look decent, it definitely has been suffering since Madelyn came along. Then Madelyn, she is easy to get dressed, but then it is getting the diaper bag ready. Do I have everything she could possibly need in case she needs a diaper change, she spits up, she gets cranky, or cold, or a half of other dozen things that could happen to her. And then their is me, by this time I am completely exhausted and would like to call the whole thing off, but the kids know the plan and I would never hear the end of it if we didn't go.
So after throwing myself together off we go. But first I have a couple of errands to do and the kids don't understand that, and they keep asking "what are we doing, are we there yet, I thought we were going to the park, stop crying Madelyn" And that's even with headphones stuck to their ears and their eyes glued to the movie that's on. I finally get them McDonald's and myself Burgerville and we are off. Madelyn is asleep the bikes are in the back of the car and the kids are quiet. The plan, going to the Vancouver waterfront park and trails, were we will eat lunch, play on the playground and then take the bikes and stroller on the trails for a nice walk!
We get there and the weather has turned on us :( It is overcast now and Abigail insisted she didn't need her coat. It won't be that bad though, I keep telling myself as just then a huge school bus full of little kids pull up to our empty park. It's not empty anymore!! That's okay I tell myself again. We get out, get the food out, find ourselves a picnic table, and sit down for a nice lunch. Whatever! It's freezing now and of course Abby is whining, so I give up my coat and try to dance around to keep myself warm. Doesn't work, I'm still freezing!! Now Madelyn wakes up and starts crying, so now I'm dancing to keep warm, scarfing down my food and yelling at the kids to do the same, while pushing the stroller back and forth to calm Madelyn down. Are we having fun yet? Not yet, next Abigail "I have to go potty"! And when this girl has to go potty she freaks out until her butt hits the toilet, no joke. Somehow I convince her to finish her food along with Dalan, I grab Madelyn and we rush to the public bathroom which I am sure is going to be positively disgusting, but what am I to do. It's LOCKED!! Now Abby is near tears and dancing and all Dalan can think about is all the kids he wants to play with on the playground, while Madelyn is now screaming her head off!! Somehow I convince them to get in the car, luckily I have the DVD player to keep them occupied. Madelyn eventually stops crying and we make the trek home. We get home, I get Abby into the bathroom, feed Madelyn and I declare that I am done, our park day is over and done with never to be attempted again!!
I guess I am a softy, next thing I know we are all piled in the car only to try again, but this time I am just going to drive down the street to the local park. It ended up being an awesome park with some cool trails that the kids got to try there bikes out on, and the weather cleared way up. We haven't been back since!!







0 comments: