It's that time of year again,
PUMPKIN PATCH TIME
I love going and love taking my kids. So far I have convinced Aron for the second year in a row that this is a good thing. The kids enjoy it so much! We found this place next to Grandpas house that has a ton of activities for the kids to do. Plus there is a hayride out to the corn maze which then leads you into the pumpkin patch. Both kids picked the perfect pumpkin for them and then I let Abby pick a pumpkin for Madelyn (she really liked that).
Dalan is such a ham, look at him begging to get out of jail!
She thought this was pretty fun and was kind of dancing around.
They conquered the hay castle!
This slide is the absolute favorite part of the whole thing
Dalan was brave enough this year to jump off the rope swing.
The perfect pumpkins!
The following week we carved our pumpkins and had ourselves some pumpkin pie!
Dalan loves this part, he really likes to get his hands in the pumpkin and get all gooey. Abigail, not so much! This year she decided she wanted to paint her pumpkin, but she still wanted her seeds out. Why? I don't know especially since she refuses to stick her hand in the pumpkin herself, so guess who got to do that part. Not Aron, he also refuses to get his hands all gooey, so I did it! That's okay though I actually don't mind I just like to give them a hard time. We had a great family night. I love my family and so enjoy making these wonderful memories and traditions with them.
Helping Dalan finish cleaning the whole thing out.
She is my pumpkin head!!
All done painting, or so we thought. Afterwards she took a red marker and made a bunch of weird squiggly lines on the face. The pumpkin looked like he had a bloody accident!
Aron carving out the face after Dalan drew what he wanted it to look like.
Working on Maddy's little pumpkin




1 comments:
Aaaaaah! So sweet! We were planning on carving ours tonight, BUT Bart has a flu. Maybe swine. We will see! That pumpkin patch place looks like TONS of fun! What a sweet family!
Post a Comment