a:link { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#003366; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:730px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid #003366; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 0px solid #003366; text-align: center; color:#003366; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 171% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#003366; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#003366; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal bold 124% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #003366; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal bold 109% Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:italic bold 165% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#063E3F; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:6px dotted #003366; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#003366; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#003366; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000000; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#063E3F; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:0px solid #003366; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #063E3F; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #003366; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:6px dotted #003366; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 4px solid #003366; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #063E3F; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 86% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a really nice Thanksgiving this year. It was the first time in 4 years that we were able to spend it with Aron's family at Grandmas house. This is the only place Aron has ever spent Thanksgiving since he was born until we moved to New Mexico so he was anxious and excited to spend it with his family again. They are a great bunch and I enjoy them! Although I was missing playing dominoes with the Johnston Family (we miss you guys)!

Making Oreo Turkeys



We have a lot to be thankful for this year. First, my husband of 8 years. He is my best friend and I love him dearly. He never misses a day to tell me that He loves me. It's amazing how we seem to know each other like the back of our hands yet learn something new every day! I'm so proud of his ambition to go out into the world everyday to provide for his family and make life better for us. He loves to learn and increase his knowledge of things, a great example for our children. We have had some challenges in our life together, but I'm grateful for them. I seriously believe that we have grown immensely closer after experiencing them. We learned things about each other we never would have before. He is a wonderful father and will never admit it, but his daughter has him wrapped around her little finger! He is my eternal companion and I feel so lucky for that!

I'm grateful for the two children that I have. Oh how hard kids are, testing my patience daily, but they also bring me SO much happiness. I love to watch them role play with their toys and see their little imaginations at work. They also on a daily basis tell me that they love their momma. I hope and pray that even when they are teenagers they will continue to tell me everyday that they love me (will see).

I'm grateful for there health and the health aron and I have. I'm grateful for the child that is continuing to grow inside of me. I am so anxious to meet her, see what she looks like, her personality, and everything else that comes with her. We are pretty sure she will complete our family, but we'll see.

I'm grateful for this wonderful country that we live in and the freedoms that we have. We are currently going through a rough patch in this country but it is still so much better than what a lot of people live with on a daily basis in other countries. I'm grateful for the men and women who serve in our military and put their lives on the line for our freedoms every day!

And I am forever grateful for my Heavenly Father whom I know loves me and looks after me. I'm grateful for my Saviour Jesus Christ and for his atoning sacrifice. I know that I am a daughter of God, and he will only give me in life what I can handle. The future is scary to me, but at the same time I am looking forward to all of it. Growing old with my husband, and watching my children learn and grow (mistakes and all).

0 comments: