Tuesday we were able to go down to oaks parks and be extras in the movie they are filming here in the area. The movie is not titled yet, but it stars Harrison Ford, Brendan Fraiser, and Keri Russell.
It was quite the day, filled mostly with sitting or standing around. It was a great experience but I don't think I would do it again. We didn't get paid, it was just oppurtunity, they needed a lot of extras to fill up the park. I got there at noon and didn't leave until 7pm, very long day, and I've got to say the kids did so well, I am so proud of them! The highlight of the the day was after 3 hours of sitting and doing absolutley NOTHING, they decided to open the park up to all the extras and let them ride the rides for free! The kids were so excited, especially since we had told them over and over that they were probably not going to be able to ride the rides at all that day. We eventually were able to see Brendan and Keri but you are not allowed to ask for auotographs, talk to them or take pictures of them. At one point Brendan Frasier did walk right past Aron and looked into the stoller he was pushing and smiled at our little Madelyn:) All in all I highly doubt that any of us will actually be in the movie, if there is a slight chance you might catch a glimpse of me pushing Madelyn in the stroller. So we will see, oh and I won a years deluxe membership the extras website. They do lots of commercials for the area and other films that come. They casted all the extras for the movie Twilight. I gave the membership to Aron, so I don't know maybe he can become a paid extra and we will see his back in an upcoming big film!
The scrambler
I think this is one of their favorites, the slide!



3 comments:
So excited for your Hollywood debut!
that looks like it was so fun. seriously though, i will forever be mad that we missed going that day, specially since i got a heads up! that is cool that you won a membership though, good luck with that! when the movie comes out, we'll have to rent it and see if we find you during that scene. too cool!!
The kids are getting so big! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment